No matter if you’re a lawyer in a firm or corporate legal department, you are going to have a distinct workplace personality. It’s important for attorneys to understand their unique character because it will greatly impact their relations with co-workers, colleagues, and clients. So, why not know of your workplace personality? If you want to cut right to the chase and discover your disposition now, just skip to the test below. If, though, you’d like to understand the results a bit better, then let’s start off with some basics.
What are the Four Main Workplace Personality Types?
Suzanne M. Johnson Vickberg, PhD, at Deloitte LLP, asserts that there are four primary workplace personality types. These types are as follows:
- Drivers. Drivers value challenge and generate momentum in an office setting. They tend to be quantitative, logical, competitive, and experimental.
- Guardians. Guardians value stability and bring order to a job. They tend to be reserved, practical, detail-oriented, and methodical.
- Integrators. Integrators value connection and bring teams together. They tend to be diplomatic, empathic, relationship-oriented, and non-confrontational.
- Pioneers. Pioneers value possibilities and spark creativity. The tend to be outgoing, spontaneous, adaptable, and imaginative.
What are Some Tips for Dealing with each type?
If you can figure out the personality types of those you work with, or for, then there are certain tips attorneys can follow to better interact with them. Please find below three great approaches to work more efficiently and productively with each personality type.
- Be confident
- Be brief – get to the point quickly
- Recognize their accomplishments and experiences
- Be lively and energetic
- Explore ideas with them
- Present imaginative materials to them
- Listen actively
- Balance facts with ideas and emotions
- Offer support when needed
- Present concrete facts and principles
- Be orderly and unemotional
- Appreciate their need for details
What is Your Personality?
Monster.com provides a great personality quiz that consists of just five questions. In very little time you can find out if you’re a driver, pioneer, integrator, or guardian. Once you find the answer, think about the specific traits of your title and ask if they’re working out well in your specific office setting. If some traits are not, find ways to modify them so that you’re 100 percent personality positive.
QUID PRO QUO is always here for our candidates. If we can help by providing any resources or information, simply contact us and let us assist. Please also get ahold of us now if we can answer any questions. Finally, check out our Career Portal to learn of positions that we are currently looking to fill.